Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"Can't Hardly Wait" to get out of this situation!!!!

It's Friday morning. I go for a car wash up the street. It is called Hand Car Wash for obvious reasons, but even better, they have these huge hand shaped chairs to sit in outside as you wait for your car.

I sit down conveniently next to Ethan Embry from such films as Can't Hardly Wait and Vegas Vacation. I have to tell you that he is one of those actors that my friend Lauren and I loved in High School mostly because her middle name is Emery and it was close to Embry. A stretch maybe, but we loved him all the same.

So sitting next to him. He fidgets. I realize I am wearing a skirt and did not bother to shave. Damn the work clothes for stumping me again. I look at him and the Diaglogue begins:

Ethan: "These chairs are uncomfortable"
E: (Awkwardly) "Well I guess if you had more fat they wouldn't be so hard" (Im not making this up....so awkward)
Ethan: "All bones here"

moments of silence...random conversation or whatever...I was BBMing Lauren the whole time.

E: "I have not seen anyone touch my car in like 15 minutes. They are just standing by it"
Ethan: "Have you ever played that game where you guess which car belongs to which person waiting?"
E: "No but sounds fun....."
Ethan: (looking at 6'7" Blonde German sitting two chairs down) "That guys drives the mini"
E: "No, he's German Engineering...I pick the VW"
pause
E: "I drive the cop car" (staring at the pimped out black car that is the same body style as a cop car)
Ethan: "really?"
E: "No..hahahaha"
Ethan: "You drive the Volvo."
E: "That predictable huh?" "Which one is your car?"
pause...moment of revelation...pause
E: "Its the cop car, huh?"
Ethan: "Yep"
E: "Wow that is not as funny as I'd hope for"
Ethan: "It's not really a cop car"
E: (thinks duh) "Yeah, I was joking, look my car's ready.....have a good one"

I then RUN to my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment